Monday, February 21, 2011

women....

Let me start by saying this is an early morning rant that has come from no sleep....I am a women!  Not that I really want to admit that these days!  I often find myself asking what has happened to society these days?  I have friends...my best friend is the man I love and spend my days and nights with.  My second best friend is my adorable 10 year old squid who is not only the light of my life but funny, creative, loving and all around fun gal!  Those are my two besties that I love and would never trade in for anything!!  But as far as grown up female friends that is a completely different story.  I watch sex and the city and wonder how do 4 grown women with families and lives get along year after year....how do they not judge each other and their choices??  Then I remember it's fiction and all the love come from a script!  I love going out with people and get out of the house, but I am now fearful of people.  I am from the same cloth as my Grandma Lola, I wear my heart on my sleeve and go out of my way to help people.  However I have been hurt far too many times my caddy bitches and their superior attitudes lately.  What happened to the yesteryear's where people treated each other with respect and loved each other for their differences and stayed friends till their dying day?  I will always wonder if i was born in the wrong era!  I think I should have been best friends with Doris Day and live in a great house with my husband who went to work and came home at 6 for dinner every night and the weekends were spent with our little family and friends who stayed our friends for life. 

But for now I will be content with my little family my two besties as I call them and as friends come and go I hope I will stay the same and not let their negative behavior change my heart!!
 
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment